INTRODUCTION TO FLORISTRY - Floral Collections
Have you ever thought “I would love to work with flowers” or?
“I have always wanted to learn how to be a florist?”
If you are passionate about flowers, would like to work in the Floristry industry, these Modules are the way forward to finding your inner creativity.
A session per week over four weeks you will learn and make the following flower Design-
WK 1 Symmetrical design
WK 2 Hand tied
WK 3 Natural styled design
During each Collection, you will learn:
1. Buying materials suitable for a range of design styles
2. Care and conditioning flowers and foliage’s
3. Understand the Elements and Principles of Design
4. Creating a selection of different styled designs – Decorative, contemporary and Natural styles.
5. Creating decorative techniques and how to incorporate accessories into your designs.
6. Produce a portfolio of your work – this is entirely up to you, I would recommend taking photos and making notes future reference,
You will learn how and why we use the Elements and Principles of Design; to ensure that all the work you create, has been made to a commercially viable standard. Also with this knowledge and with continuous practice, you will eventually be able to design floristry work to fit your customer’s occasions – Birthday, Valentine’s day, Mother’s Day and other gift occasions.
• You will be expected to buy your tools and sundries to use during the course. These will be available to buy from Me.
• You will also need to take notes and photos of your designs – camera or smartphone, notebook and pen.
Maximum places 10
Price includes all materials, container, accessories and light refreshments.
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions prior to booking.